Jan 28, 2017

Drawing from the beginnings?



So, I'm trying to get back into drawing again as one of the skills I want to grow for this year at the least. My old Wacom Graphire isn't playing nice with the Windows 7 and up, so I decided to get an Intuos Art. So far, pretty satisfied with it. 😏




It's nice upgrade I would say, while I could have gotten the higher models, I wasn't ready to shell out that much money.  Compared to the my old Graphire, this is a lot bigger, seems lighter, and even thinner. While I'd like post comparison pictures, maybe when I have more time. 

With that out of the way, All I need now is a drawing program, I always had a hard to time using the new graphics programs like Gimp, Inkscape, and Corel. To be honest I need to get used to them but all those tools they had confused the heck out of me.  Now, thank the gods for this guy's video I was able to get the old faithful Macromedia Flash MX 2004. 

Obviously mine is on the right
So got back and did a doodle of Bowser, my skill level from where I left it is still there, although I'm still rusty as shit but I'm happy how things are looking. I don't really plan to go full on digital arts and high end graphics stuff but I do want to nail the basics.

Well, I'll get this out here now. The plan for this endeavor is for me to be competent enough to draw quick web comics for me potentially earn something on the side. Seeing with all the resources now compared to before and knowing how my head works, I think I'd have a better chance at this now. 😣

No comments: