Mar 9, 2016

Nintendo Direct 2016



Been a bit busy for the past month thus the lack of  posts; I still have a couple post ideas on pending, so expect more to come. Anyways, this post would be just my thoughts on the most recent Nintendo Direct of 2016.


First off, I love Nintendo Directs, they makes the Nintendo fans feel important and somewhat connected. Well, at least that's what I think. Haha. But seriously, it's nice to get some news directly from them in a form of a video presentation. It's like a trailer for what they are working on. 


There is quite a bit that's been discussed in the direct. Personally, I don't have anything to be too crazy about but here are my thoughts. 

Star Fox Zero - I'm not much of a fan of spaceships and space combat but I thoroughly enjoyed the SNES game. I am actually interested in getting Starfox 64 for the 3DS but probably second hand. My friends did say the game was good but a bit short. Bottom line, I'm waiting how this new game reviews before getting this.

Super Mario Maker Updates - Yey! More updates! The update would consist of spikes, keys and doors, and pink coins for the key. I'm happy to see how this game is still growing. P.S. I really should try the stage editor a proper try one of these days.

Splatoon Updates - I'm glad they are still updating the game. I'm don't play this much but it's still a solid fun game. My progress not horrible I'd think, I'm currently at around level 12 and rank C. Oh yeah, I have yet to beat the campaign mode.

Paper Mario Color Splash - *sigh* I really wanted the real Paper Mario RPGs from N64 but got this. I bought Paper Mario Sticker Star and found it dull. I really wanted to like Sticker Star but it always made me sleepy.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - I never got to play this or The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, it would be nice to have both. Review wise, this is suppose to be the definitive version. Not on my priority list but something I'd get.

My Nintendo - I really wanted some more information on this, particularly if they are going to do a game to Nintendo Network ID paring of what one have purchased. Sadly this wasn't discussed but I still hope they get that sorted. Of course no one wants to keep buying the same game per console...

Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge - Free to play games with Amiibos. Finally I can use my 8-bit Mario and Bowser Amiibos. If this weren't free I don't see anyone really buying this.

New Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console - SNES - now this is a bit more interesting. There are lot of great games from the SNES library. Although, I have pretty much played the majority of games they were featuring here for the SNES. I hope they get the GBA VC to work on the 3DS

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - Really enjoyed the first game; will look forward to this. Also, wonder if they are going to do another 8-bit game

Hyrule Warriors Legends - At first I was excited for this but it died down after seeing how it performs on the New 3DS. Since I have the standard 3DS XL, I'll wait to see how it really plays if one of my friends buys one. Hmm, I do have a Wii U and I could get the Wii U version instead, maybe if it's deeply discounted. 

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - I really want to go back to RPGs but lately I lack the time and concentration. Anyways, Dragon Quest games always catches my attention, maybe due to nostalgia. To be honest though, I never finished at least one game from the franchise. Haha.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force - sorry... still not feeling it. Well, at least they were able to present the game better now not like the initial preview of it.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix - Honestly, I do want to up my non-existent rhythm playing game skills and this really looks fun and wacky. I know a couple of people that would love this game.

Kirby: Planet Robobot - looks very much like Kirby Triple Deluxe. Another game I really wanted to love but it bored me to sleep. Don't get me wrong, I can honestly see how this game would do quite well with most people but for me but it felt stale to me.

Well, that's that. I purposely skipped out on some games as they don't really interest me, I'm they are good games like  Monster Hunter Generations but my thoughts on them would be moot. 



No comments: